Monday, December 10, 2007

"Literature and Lives" - Allen Webb

Of the three texts that we were to read for class, this one was, by far, my favorite selection. The author's description of each literary theory was simple, straightforward, and easy to understand. I also liked how each literary theory or practice was set off from the rest of the text in a gray box, this made it very easy to go back into the book and find the specific literary theory that I was looking for. Webb makes it easy for the readers to follow his ideas from beginning to end, and makes it even easier to understand the use for each and every theory. On top of this he includes activities, examples, and language that is easy to breeze through. Overall, this text was the most appealing and the most rewarding to finish. I feel as though it was a great choice for ENG 4800 and I know that I will use it again as a resource.

No comments: